Thursday, August 20, 2009

Man Carries Assault Rifle to Obama Gathering/Protest

I'm sure a lot of you saw this story this week. An African-American man showed up at an Obama event with an AR-15 slung on his shoulder:

Man Carries Assault Rifle To Obama Protest - and it's Legal: http://bit.ly/1m3i16

I think if someone wants to own a gun to go hunting or to protect themselves in their home, that's fine. However, I don't know that I want people walking the streets of the United States with automatic weapons on their shoulders. This is especially true as I live in NYC and, as those of you who live here know, every day in NYC brings constant irritating challenges. You don't want someone going off because someone elbowed them in the subway. Thankfully, NY does not allow "open carry" as it's called (openly carrying a visible gun).

What are your thoughts on this issue (and where are you from)?

No comments:

Post a Comment